Your comfort is Our #1 Priority
What is Sedation Dentistry?
There are treatments done both in medicine and in dentistry where the patient would rather not be awake. Along these lines we utilize sedation as a way for our patients to receive dental care in a very pleasant and non-threatening manner.
Given that there are no overriding medical concerns, sedation is a treatment choice for any patient who wishes to complete their dentistry with the ease made possible by sedation. This includes most simple to the most complex cases.
Prior to beginning any dental procedures, you will be given sedative medications which make you deeply relaxed and unaware of the dental procedures as they are being completed. You are closely monitored throughout the appointment and sedative medications may be added in increments to keep the level of sedation safe and effective. Following the appointment, our patients recover quickly from the medications with no memory of treatment having been completed. At the conclusion of our patient’s appointments, they are pleasantly surprised and very happy to find that their appointment is over and their treatment has been successfully completed.
Sedation dentistry may be the ideal solution for you if:
- You have anxiety or fears associated with dentistry
- You have phobias associated with dentistry
- You have had a bad experience at the dentist
- You have difficulty getting numb
- You have a sensitive gag reflex
- You have overly sensitive teeth
- You desire to have more procedures done with less appointments
- You have complex dental needs or a need for surgery